The typical “AhA moments” of an app entrepreneur…
- You spent months developing an app, only to get 10-20 downloads a day after you launched it
- You felt disgusted… all that work to create a great product yet no users.. Marketing must be the key.
- You get obsessed with marketing, pushing your apps to the range of 20,000-30,000 downloads a day.
- At that moment, you realized the returns are not exponential because people are not sticking long enough in the app.
- You end up back at square one: it’s all about the product.
“Retention trumps acquistion”. First get a product that sticks with people… before you go all crazy on acquisition.